Just found this article that is couple of years old. It’s written by Network Marketing Superstar Eric Worre, and was posted in the facebook group Network Marketing Professional. Please read it below and I’ll think you’ll agree we’re IN the Golden Age of Network Marketing!
The Ultimate Opportunity
By Eric Worre
The Network Marketing industry is better positioned than ever!
Ladies and gentlemen, people simply MUST come up with a plan and, if they don’t choose Network Marketing where do they go?
– Professional sales in this economy?
– Service oriented professions in this economy?
– Traditional small business ownership in this economy?
– Corporate work in this economy?
October U.S. home sales… the lowest in 50 years, and 45% of all sales during the month were foreclosures!
U.S. foreclosures… 5 million homes in June. Today 11.5 million!
Record unemployment month after month after month
Sales professionals are suffering like never before
Retail? The following stores informed the Security Exchange of closing plans between October 2008 and January 2009.
– Circuit City stores… most recent (? how many)
– Ann Taylor- 117 stores nationwide are to be shuttered
– Lane Bryant,, Fashion Bug ,and Catherine’s to close 150 store nationwide
– Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January
– Cache will close all stores
– Talbots closing down all stores
– J. Jill closing all stores
– GAP closing 85 stores
– Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after January
– Wickes Furniture closing down
– Levitz closing down remaining stores
– Bombay closing remaining stores
– Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January.
– Whitehall closing all stores
– Piercing Pagoda closing all stores
– Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January.
– Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ (New Brunswick)
– Macys to close 9 stores after January
– Linens and Things closing all stores
– Movie Galley Closing all stores
– Pacific Sunware closing stores
– Pep Boys Closing 33 stores
– Sprint/ Nextel closing 133 stores
– JC Penney closing a number of stores after January
– Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.
– Wilson Leather closing down all stores
– Sharper Image closing down all stores
– KB Toys closing 356 stores
– Lowe’s to close down some stores
– Dillard’s to close some stores.
Add all that to the U.S. automakers, the financial institutions and the airlines all in crisis.
PEOPLE NEED A PLAN! And there is no question that Network Marketing remains the finest “personal bail out plan” for the average person today. Nowhere else can a person start a business with so little risk and have so much upside within their reach. Will it take work? Sure, but what doesn’t? Will it be uncomfortable? Yep, but not as uncomfortable as putting your head in the sand and hoping for things to change. Will it take the discipline of learning new skills? Absolutely, but you’re probably facing that anyway (whether you recognize it or not).
I’ll say it again, if not Network Marketing, then what?
Ladies & gentlemen, we are moving into our industry’s Golden Age, but only for those with the Vision to recognize it.
Tell your story, paint the vision, and work to make it a reality.
You deserve it!
Your friend & partner,
Eric Worre – Network Marketing Professional